Public Health Services
The Kent County Health Department is the local office for the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The Health Department is dedicated to providing health-related information and services to all residents of Kent County.
To preserve and protect the wellbeing of the population by identifying, prioritizing, and addressing health factors that may threaten the health and safety of the community.
Kent County Health Department seeks to accomplish its mission by working with partners throughout the county and state to:
- Promote and Encourage Healthy Behavior;
- Protect Against Environmental Hazards;
- Assure Quality and Accessibility of Health Services;
- Prevent Epidemics and the Spread of Disease; and
- Respond to Disasters and Assist Communities in Recovery.
125 South Lynchburg Street
Chestertown, MD 21620
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.